Week 3 Voting now up!

5 years and going strong!

Week 3 Voting now up!

Postby Locked Up » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:47 am

Well boys and girls here we are, the last week of our Next Team Driver contest. It has been a fun time and we've gotten to know some really cool people along the way and one (or more ;) ) will be this years Next Team Driver. Please see each post on the Week 3 Facebook Post and vote for the Best use of an RC product in a non RC way. This is a tough challenge and really makes you think. Keep reading for some tasty giveaways and sales promos.

This week our sale promo's are:
20% off all Protek products - Please use code "protek20" in the codes field.
20% off all Avid products – Please use code “avid20” in the codes field
10% off all Devil RC products - Please use code "devil10" in the code field
10% off all Xtra hardbodies - Please use code "xtra10" in the code field
Free magnet with orders of $30 or more. While quantities last (just add one to your cart)
Free hat with orders of $100 or more. While quantities last (just add one to your cart)
WOW!!! that was a lot of stuff. Please be sure to watch for our upcoming Blue Wednesday sale!!!

This weeks winner will be winning a set of our new 1.55 wheels before they hit the market....yup a set of our new 1.55 wheels is what I said...holy cow!!!
Now on to the contest
Closing date: Sunday November 26 12:00am EST
- SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
Locked Up
Owner

Re: Week 3 Voting now up!

Postby DJdirtyD » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:09 am

I've thinking about this all week and the only thing I can come up with an RC product use in an non RC way is the tire glue. I use the tire glue as super glue around the house. Sent we don't use super glue that much and instead of running out to buy some I always have tire glue on the work bench.
Attachments
djdirtyd3.jpg
DJdirtyD
TNTD Contestant

Postby Lyinlow » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:10 am

So how many of ya after a long day of work, family life retreat to the rc cave to do some wrenching, ya grab a nice cold beverage and start wrenching. Only to knock it over in the process, I've done it a million times. Well one day it dawned on me. Take one of those old crawler tires you'll never use again and wrap it around the bottom of the bottle... bam instant stability!!
Attachments
lyinlow3.jpg
Lyinlow
LURC FAN

Postby canadian_rc_addict » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:11 am

This one won't apply to everyone but to those with FPV gear a wicked tip... rc trucks with FPV cameras are amazing for doing inspections on places you can't get into or don't want to get into. My trucks have been under houses looking for leaky pipes, in old crawl spaces where a human could barely squeeze, inside culverts seeing what is blocking them, the list goes on and on... And for super small spots, throw your camera on your micro crawler. Also, it's just super fun to crawl in FPV, if you get a chance give it a try!
Attachments
candaian_rc_addict3.jpg
@canadian_rc_addict on Instagram
Scale Trails on Youtube
canadian_rc_addict
LURC FAN

Postby Bogncrawl » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:12 am

Here is my non rc use for a rc item is a spare set of tires, I had a extra set of Maxxis trepps and I was tired of the couch always sliding on our hardwood floor. So I took my tires and placed them on the corners of the feet and haven't had to move the couch since.
Attachments
bogncrawl3.jpg
Keep calm and get your scale on.
Bogncrawl
Team Driver

Postby CanadianCrush » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:14 am

It's not the best but this was a real tough one! I've used many household items for RC purposes but not so much the others way around. However I use RC hardware for Mountain Biking. It's better quality than from the bike manufacturers and adds some stainless bling.
Attachments
canadiancrush3.jpg
CanadianCrush
LURC FAN

Postby Prime » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:14 am

This was a hard one. I was wracking my brain trying to think of one. Then while in my shop I realized I already had a non RC use for an RC part and had been using them for quite some time. I have a few wire holders in my shop that use old tires to hold extension cords, wires, and air brush lines. This are made from old tires, threaded rod, brake line, washers, and wheel nuts.
Step 1: Drill a hole the same size of the threaded rod in a board that you can access the back of.
Step 2: Put the rod through the hole and on the back side install a large washer and a wheel nut.
Step 3: Cut the rod down to the desired length. Do the same with the brake line, making it a little shorter than the rod. Slide the line over the rod. You want the line short enough to leave enough threads on the end of the rod for the wheel and a wheel nut.
Step 4: Add a washer, then the wheel, followed by the wheel nut.
Step 5: Tighten it all down.
Step 6: Hang something on it and enjoy!!
Attachments
prime3.jpg
I go by Prime RC on YouTube and Prime_RC_TV on Instagram.
Prime
LURC FAN

Postby dna4engr » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:16 am

I have a pretty simple one I've used for years. As most of us deal a lot on eBay or through PayPal, we have to ship parts or rigs around the country.
I've found this is the best place to use old tire foams!

Many of us have upgraded to aftermarket foams like CI, Pitbull, or now Proline. This leaves an abundance of stock and used foams that we really don't have use for.

Except when trying to ship odd shaped items, RC parts, chassis, etc. they are a great "free" lightweight packing material.

I've used them on both RC and mostly on golf club parts as they really need the protection.
Attachments
dna4engr3.jpg
dna4engr on RCCrawler

MNRCRC Club Member
dna4engr
LURC FAN

Return to The Next Team Driver - 5