The Next Team Driver - 3 - Contestant intros!

The third installment of our annual Team Driver competition

The Next Team Driver - 3 - Contestant intros!

Postby Locked Up » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:54 am

This year we asked the TNTD contestants to give us some short (750 character or less) introductions...

... and here is what they came up with!
- SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
Locked Up
Owner

Re: Additional request.... Introductions!

Postby btoungette » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Brandon Toungette aka btoungette (bee tuhn-git)—

My first stint with RC cars was a Radio Shack Red Arrow in the 80s. I eventually broke that and subsequently forgot about RC stuff. Then, for various reasons, I began searching for a hobby in 2009. That search led me to crawling. I started with a Losi Micro Crawler for Christmas ‘09. That experiment left me wanting more. After careful research, I chose to get into the scale side of crawling. For Christmas 2010, Santa delivered my Axial Honcho kit. I owe the decisions I’ve made regarding crawling to RCC. RCC was my crawling bible, if you will. I have learned a lot from reading threads and posts on RCC. Then, I got involved with a local club in Spring 2012. I have developed some great friendships that started by simply clicking on RCC. Now, I hope to represent LURC and share the knowledge I have gained to help promote LURC and scale rock crawling.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”
― Seneca

<><
TSC
btoungette
TNTD Contestant

Postby joshsmith512 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Josh smith
Born and raised in estacada, Oregon right outside Portland. Got into rc in 2000, racing tmaxx then to 1/8 scale, then to electric slash and 4wd buggy. I started to get burnt out at the super competitive nature of the racing side of rc. One of my good friends had gone on a camping trip and his brother in law had a ax10, said he had a blast so I was intriqued. Not more then a week later in 2008 I got a ax10 and fell in love. Got very deep into the comp side of crawling and even received invites to nationals two years in a row but unfortunately was unable to attend. Then got burned out of the comp side and a year and a half ago. war pig on rcc let me drive his scale rigs and it brought the enjoyment of this hobby back. Now I really enjoy the building aspect of scalers. I hope to grab a spot on the team as I truly believed lurc has some of the best customer service ,scale winch accesories and wheels in the buisiness.

Thanks
Josh
Sammy builder
joshsmith512
TNTD Contestant

Postby DV8ion » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi everybody!! Josh Wilson here (a lot of Josh's in this contest eh..LOL)
Just a quick bit about myself. I was born and raised in Southern Ohio and moved to Ontario Canada at the ripe age of 18 (family move). From the age of 12 I've been into RC with the bulk of it racing competitively and holding many sponsors over the years it has allowed me to travel and enjoy what I loved best.....RC. Back in 2007 I gave into being burnt out of the racing scene and where it was going and that's when I found RCCrawler.com, I was hooked instantly. From there I've owned everything from comp crawlers to scale rigs, with the later being my total obsession. Back when I started scaling there weren't many GTG's and no comps to speak of. Two years ago seeing a rise in our niche of the hobby I decided to start a website to help bring locals together and share the joy of getting together and trail running. Since then we've started hosting local scale comps with tremendous turn outs of 60+ rigs on any given day. I'd love the chance to represent Locked Up RC as a Team Driver and spread the good word of their amazing products (not that I don't already LOL I have their products on all my rigs).
Life's short...SoCrawl
Locked Up RC Team Manager
DV8ion
Team Manager

Postby Wieman » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi. I'm Jason Wieman and I'm from Perth, Western Australia.

I came across rock crawling while at Uni. My first weeks pay went to a Dingo Kit. The first time I drove it was over the start line of my first comp.

Since then I have I have been to every comp. I just took out the 2014 season in Class 1 and Class 2 and podiumed at Nationals too.

I now help run the local comps, I'm on the national Scale Sub Committee for CrawlANZ and have just joined the group to put together the 2015 Nationals.

I'm a scaler at heart but love everything to do with all types of crawling. I always try my best at comps but what makes me happier is getting other people involved. If I can put on events that's makes others lives just that little bit better, then it's all worth it.
OneTenCrawlers Team Driver
Team Secret
2nd Scale 1 Canz Nationals 2014
3rd Scale 2 Canz Nationals 2014
Wieman
TNTD Contestant

Postby noll11 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi everyone.

My name is Oliver Barber. I live in eastern Ontario in Canada, but originally hail from the UK.
I've been properly into RC for about two years now, and into crawling for about a year and a half. Started with 1:10 SCT, but always wanted to give scale a try. Found a great deal on a lightly-used Honcho last fall, and jumped on it; it just sorta went from there haha. That honcho has been through quite a number of iterations, and is now my SCEXO. It would be awesome to have the chance to represent LURC by becoming a team driver and hopefully get others into this awesome hobby of ours.
Wheelspeed!
noll11
TNTD Contestant

Postby Rolandrockshop » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:03 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Josh Harris,born and raised in beautiful Arkansas.
Got exposed to Rc at the age of 13 and been hooked ever since.
Fell out of 2wd buggy racing @19 and got back in RC @2006,found RCC and been in it ever since.

I love the creativity that the Scale world has in replicating 1:1 rigs with our RC's.

And they are just FUN to build and drive!! Period!
Nothing beats a day on the trails with goodfriends...nothing..well,maybe Grandma's mexican chicken.. :lol:

Started comping locally then branched out to traveling to other clubs/states/events.
Was fortunate enough to aquire Team Driver status with a few Rc companies along the way.
I hope to have many more years Traveling/competing/hosting Rccrawling events.

Thanks for the chance to represent LURC and the awesome products they have.

"thumbsup"
CarterFab Team Driver
Crawler Innovations Scale Team Driver
DinkyRc Team Driver
Freqeskinz Team Driver
TAG Team Driver
Vanquish Team Driver
Rolandrockshop
TNTD Contestant

Postby pardonmyn00b » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:42 am

My name is Richard Lutz and I'm from Ohio. I got into RC about 6 years ago. I've always been a modeler but once I built my first scale RC truck I knew this was it. Nothing better than building something from the ground up and taking it out for the first ride. I thoroughly enjoy building trucks as close to their full size counterparts. I love taking realistic photos and videos of trucks just as much as I do driving them. I've met some great people and shared some awesome times and I hope to continue this for as long as possible.

I have only recently started driving competitively. I had my doubts at first but I've really started to like it. It's a fun challenge trying to build something that looks good and also drives well. I would represent Locked Up RC in a professional manor and would also bring a unique personality to the team.
pardonmyn00b
TNTD Contestant

Postby teifert2429 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:34 pm

My name is Thomas Eifert and I currently live in Florence, KY. I started with RC in 2004 and had been off and on until Spring of 2012, At that point I started messing with Trail Trucks and Crawlers and I haven't stopped. The best part of this Hobby is spending it with others and I am so happy that my 4 year old son loves it and is actually surprisingly good at it. We go around the house or out to the local parks and I hope i can get him entered into a Comp or two with me this year. Currently I'm running my C1, and C2 trucks and I'm still planning my C3 for a nice winter project. I look forward to having a good time this coming year and to continue meeting great people. I would like to thank LURC for this chance to become a Team Driver and represent their company. Best of luck to all of the Contestants.
teifert2429
TNTD Contestant

Return to The Next Team Driver - 3