HPP21 servo programmer help

Information for all visitors

HPP21 servo programmer help

Postby Locked Up » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:51 pm

When Hitec came out with their 7950TH that puts out 403 in/oz at 6v and 486 at 7.4 volts ... I had to try one out.

The very first thing I noticed is that the 7950TH came with a smaller "sweep" from the factory than my other servo. The 7950TH comes out at ~90* of sweep. Although more powerful, I ended up losing some of the power using a longer servo horn, so I was disappointed. Then I ran across the Hitec HPP-21 programmer:
hpp21.JPG

The HPP-21 is a PC based programmer that allows you to manipulate your Hitec digital servo settings. One of, and for my purposes the most important ability, is that you can adjust the servo to run up to 180* of sweep. More power and a larger sweep... perfect

The only probelm with the HPP-21, and the reason for this writeup, is that the instructions are not necessarily clear as to how to make these adjustments. Maybe it's not the instructions though, I could just be a bonehead.

When I first plugged it in I tried setting the EPAs and there was no change. I got concerned that I would not be able to do anything short of making the EPAs smaller, then I ran across a writeup on RCCRAWLER.COM by Nova's Ark. If you know Eddie, you know he knows his stuff. After seeing him say it is possible I took a second look and figured it all out. So I decided a short writeup was in order to help clear things up.

1. After installing the software from HitecRCD.com, connect your Servo and RX battery to the HPP-21. Then connect your Mini USB cable to the HPP-21. Plug the USB cable into your PC and fire up the software.

2. Here is a shot of the first screen you will see.
1.PNG

3. Click on "Program".
1a.PNG

4. Click on the button that says "High" under resolution.
2.PNG

5. The screen will go back to the home screen, so once again click on the radio button next to "Program".
4.PNG

6. Click OK when you get the message.
5.PNG

7. Click on the radio button for the EPA "Start".
6.PNG

8. Click OK.
8.PNG

9. Center the slider to 0 if it is not already there, and hit the button for "Center".
9.PNG

10. Click OK.
10.PNG

11. Slider the slider all the way to the left then hit the "Left or Right" button.
11.PNG

12. Hit OK.
12.PNG

13. Now slide the slider all the way to the right and hit the "Left or Right" button. I noticed the left went to 197 and the right goes to 198, no idea why.
13.PNG

14. Click OK
14.PNG

15. Now click the radio button to end and your changes are saved.
15.PNG

16. Back at the home screen now you can click on the "Start" button to test the sweep (stop to stop it) and it should be 180* or more.
16.PNG

Here is the difference....
DSCN9641.JPG
- SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
Locked Up
Owner

Return to Welcome Info and Test Area