Challenge #4

The Fourth annual LURC Team Driver Competition

Challenge #4

Postby VS_Customs » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:35 am

We all want to set our rigs apart from the next guy on the trails or for that matter online. With thousands of Jeeps, Fords, and Toyotas out there it's hard to be different.

LockedUp RC has the answer! They carry some of the sickest rims on the market in styles no one else is making in designs none of the other companies are even going after, And what makes them even better? Scale Hardware! No machine screws here. Only the best for these wheels, and to go with that killer scale ring hardware is acorn lug nuts and to take it that one step further you can pick from a variety of different lock rings!

That's enough talking let's get to some pics!

So when looking at ordering your LockedUp wheels my suggestion is to do the combo order, you save money this way. Now I went with the SLW wheels for the purpose I am still unsure in my build what offset I am going to need, so the hubs and acorn hardware is not pictured. Here is what came in my package.

4 x 1.9 Recluse Wheels
4 x Limited Edition Agile Black Steel Rings
4 Bags Black Scale Hex Bolts
2mm Hex Socket

All packaged in their store display packaging.

Tools needed to build these. 1.5mm hex and an extra handle for the LockedUp 2mm tool. ( Totally gapped on ordering a handle when doing my order )

At first when I seen all these holes I was a little overwhelmed until I realized only 6 of them were threaded. The others are blind holes. This is a huge bonus for 2 reasons. 1. If you need to take your wheels apart there is only 6 bolts to pull out and 2. the realistic beadlock look!

So a closer look at the lock ring showed there was 6 holes that were bigger and not threaded. The rest are threaded to hold the hardware all around. this is hands down a great idea.

You only have to undo the 6 bolts that go into the wheel to pop the bead off and to make it easier when it's all together the ones that bolt it all down line up with the hub bolt holes.

For the rear bead lock ring it's 6 bolts. This is where your 1.5mm hex tool comes in handy. Now in the package you do get scale hardware for back here but I liked the thought of just using normal hardware.

And after an hour or so you have 4 simply killer looking wheels built. It honestly took me about the same amount of time to build these as it takes me to get those RC4WD wagon wheel together and these are above and beyond so much better looking.

The fit and finish on LockedUp wheels are top notch. Not a single issue in building. Hands down I would recommend these for any rig from the full out scale guy to the guy who likes to throw a large KV motor in a 1.9 rig and just rip roots out of the ground. 100% the best wheel on the market and when you add the scale hardware to the mix it just steps it up so much more!

So Get out there and order up your LockedUp RC wheels and Scale hardware and take that build to the next level!

So don't forget get out there and vote!!!!! I am VS_Customs and I approve this message!
- SOCrawl.Com Team Driver -
- RCMart.com Sponsored -
VS_Customs
Team Manager

Re: Challenge #4

Postby Locked Up » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Excellent writeup!

That closeup of the wheel is the finish we strive for, and why our wheels are worth every cent!
"thumbsup"
- SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
Locked Up
Owner

Postby VS_Customs » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:36 pm

Thank you. Hands down a clean and amazing looking wheel!
- RCMart.com Sponsored -
VS_Customs
Team Manager

Postby XSRCdesign » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:58 pm

Nice job! I love those wheels
XSRCdesign
TNTD Contestant

Postby VS_Customs » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:14 pm

Thanks. Ya they are a great classic look, I just had to have them.
- RCMart.com Sponsored -
VS_Customs
Team Manager

Postby Locked Up » Wed May 11, 2016 11:14 am

Week 4 bump!
- SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
Locked Up
Owner

Return to The Next Team Driver - 4