Challenge #4

The Fourth annual LURC Team Driver Competition

Challenge #4

Postby fj40jay » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:41 pm

Challenge #4
Product Review

I have never been good at putting my thoughts in to writing, so please bare with me.
When the idea of reviewing a LURC product was presented my first thoughts were to review the FI spool. That seemed like it would be a great product for review, but the reality of it is that product has had more than few great reviews and the word is out, they rock. So I moved on to another LURC product that just happens to be my favorite set of tools ever.
lutool4.jpg

This is the combo of Cobalt Hex Drivers & tool handles. I have a thing for nice tools. I own quite a few high end tools that I use on my weekend warrior 1:1 auto adventures. Oddly enough when it came to hex drivers for my RC use, I never bought a nice set. I have tried more than I choose to admit when it comes to cheap hex driver sets.
In my search for a good quality and affordable tool set I came across the Cobalt tips. After a bit of research I pulled the trigger and ordered a few tips.
Immediately after I had a chance to use them I ordered the handles too.
toolpic1.jpg

Instantly it was very obvious to me I made the rite choice.
toolpic2.jpg

The machining is amazing, the fit of the tip in all hardware is second to none.
The knurled handles are a perfect fit for my hands and don’t lead to cramping even after hours of use.
One of my few requirements are the tips must take to magnetizing, and these do a very good job at that.
Next is of course long term durability. After almost a year with them, there is no signs of wear.
I can not begin to explain how happy I am with my choice. The fit into hardware now is just like the day I first received them.
THEY ARE SECOND TO NONE, and a must have for anyone who values a great set of drivers.
toolpic3.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity
tntd.jpg
Last edited by fj40jay on Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
fj40jay
TNTD Contestant

Re: Challenge #4

Postby Locked Up » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:38 pm

Glad you like them .... and ... more tools coming soon!
"thumbsup"
- SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
Locked Up
Owner

Re: Challenge #4

Postby Locked Up » Wed May 11, 2016 11:14 am

Week 4 bump!
- SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS -
Locked Up
Owner

Return to The Next Team Driver - 4