Challenge 4: Product Review

The third installment of our annual Team Driver competition

Challenge 4: Product Review

Postby teifert2429 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Locked UP RC Punisher Shafts Review

So when I first started in Scale Crawlers I had a RTR Axial Honcho. The truck was great out of the box, until I started running with others and started upgrading one thing after another. The one thing that I kept putting off was drive shafts. I did the mod to the stock ones by stuffing the male hole spot with some plastic off the parts tree and that worked to keep the shafts from twisting but I started to bust the knuckles so I knew it was time to upgrade. Like many I started with one, then went to another and finally picked up a few Punisher and Mega Truck shafts from LURC and haven't looked back.

I have several of these and haven't had a bit of problems with them. With not having any issues in my 10th scale trucks I decided I was going to run these in the 6th scale monster I call the Beast. My only problem with them was they didn't make the size I needed to run in it so i broke out the welded. As you can see in the picture below I have taken a 10th scale drive shaft and extended it to 11" running 6th scale brushless power and have yet to replace a single piece on the original ones I installed in it. Below you will see the overall length of the shafts as well as a side by side to my sons honcho.

It is for that reason that I will only use these shafts going forward as I have yet to find one that holds up they why these do. I recommend these shafts to anyone that enjoys the casual trail ride to hardcore extreme power as they WILL hold up to whatever you decide to throw at them. LURC offers several different sizes to meet most of your needs and can be found here: http://www.lockeduprc.com/Chassis-Drivetrain_c_18.html
teifert2429
TNTD Contestant

Return to The Next Team Driver - 3